SHORT PLAY LAB APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Playwrights should apply by midnight, October 15, 2018 by sending the following as email attachments, with the email Subject Line “Women’s Work Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a full resume, including specific information on your training as a writer (i.e. degree program, workshops, etc.) and website URL if applicable
- a 10-15 page writing sample from a playscript
- a personal statement explaining why you wish to be a part of the LAB, including goals for your own growth and development if selected. Please include in this statement how you choose to be identified re: ethnicity and gender (she/they).
(Please note that ALL 3 items are required to be considered.)
Directors: A group of four to six directors is also chosen as part of the LAB. Directors commit to reading and commenting on all scripts before each meeting, and to being present at all monthly meetings, where consolidated feedback is given to each playwright. The short plays from the LAB are produced in "minimalist" productions in early August. Casting begins in June, with rehearsals in July. Decisions about who is directing which play are made by the directors as a group in May.
Directors should apply by October 1, 2018, sending as email attachments. Please include in this statement how you choose to be identified re: ethnicity and gender (she/they).
- a directing resume including website URL
- contact information for three references
- a personal statement explaining why they wish to be part of the LAB
to email@example.com. The email Subject Line should read “WWP-Directors.”
*Sculpture Commissioned for A Week of Women’s Work, 2003, created by Sabrina Stenswold