Theatre Without Boundaries!  


Programs
Productions
About NPT
Contact NPT

25th SEASON JOURNEY & $10 DONATIONS

It's already been a crazy, exhilarating season, and we have 3 more months to go! It's been 25 years since our founding and we have instituted some new programs and events and expanded the staff to reach our ambitious goal (really a need) to raise $100,000 by May 31st. We are 71.5% of the way there! Read on to see how you can help us raise the remaining 28.5%!


WOMEN'S WORK MAY MINI-FEST WW Sculpture.JPG

Join us May 15 - 19, 2016 for the second annual May Mini-Fest highlighting full-length scripts developed in the Women's Work LAB. The festival includes new scripts in progress, more complete play reading to enter a workshop process, and one award-winning or otherwise acclaimed script from our Archive. Playwrights featured this year are Joan Castagnone, Ann Chamberlin, Michele Miller and Teresa Lotz. Admission is free with a suggested donation, and there will be talk-backs, wine and nibbles to celebrate the writers and the full-length LAB, now in it's 22nd year!


THE BAD BIRTHDAY: A MEXICAN FOLKTALE

NPTC's World Voices Program is pleased to offer 4 public performances for children and families, with a NEW Family Time Component. We are offering two shows per day on June 4th and 11th, at 11am and 2pm, with puppets and live actors telling the story of Chon and Chona, and how they came face-to-face with The Bad Birthday!


THE APPRENTICE ACTOR PROGRAM IS BACK!

We are delighted to announce that NPTC is restarting its Apprentice Program after a (too) long hiatus. Melody Brooks is teaming with Mari Lyn Henry, noted co-author of How to Be Working Actor, and Ray Rodriguez, our Resident Fight Director, for a unique and affordable 10-month program. We are currently scheduling auditions, for a September 17th fall semester start date.


JIHAD IS TRAVELING TO OFF-BROADWAY!

With a successful trip to the WOMEN ON STAGE FOR PEACE festival in Bogotá, Colombia under our belt, we have been working since our return to launch JIHAD The Play by Ann Chamberlin on the next leg of its journey. After an exciting VIP event on January 19th, we are now in the processing of developing the legal structures to make this a reality for an opening in early 2017! Find out more! Get involved!

Amazon Smile

Click the link to start shopping for good! Shopping through Amazon Smile comes at no cost to you, and is no different than the shopping you would normally do on Amazon. New Perspectives, however, will see a donation every time you buy! We call that a win-win!

Are You a Teacher?
If you are an educator, please visit our Programs section to learn about our Youth & Community programs.
Youth & Community Programs

Donate to New Perspectives
Please help NPT continue to serve the community by making a secure donation on-line.

Donate Now Through Network for Good


NPT Funding & Member Organizations
NYS Council on the Arts NYC Department of
Cultural Affairs
ART-NY League of
Independent Theater